PECB certified OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor Training
Self-study Course – PECB certified OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) Lead Auditor Training (40 hours).
• An candidate with the working and audit experience as specified in the course brochure can go for PECB qualification by this self-study course and exam.
Who should attend?
• Internal auditors
• Auditors wanting to perform and lead Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) certification audits
• Project managers or consultants wanting to master the Occupational Health and Safety Management System audit process
• Persons responsible for the Occupational Health and Safety or conformity in an organization
• Members of an Occupational Health and Safety team
• Expert advisors in Health & Safety
• Experts wanting to prepare for an Occupational Health and Safety audit function
• To Acquire the expertise to perform an OHSAS 18001 internal audit following ISO 19011 guidelines
• To Acquire the expertise to perform an OHSAS 18001 certification audit following ISO 19011 guidelines and the specifications of ISO 17021
• To Acquire the necessary expertise to manage an OHSMS audit team
• To Understand the operation of an OHSAS 18001 conformant Occupational Health and Safety management system
• To Understand the relationship between an Occupational Health and Safety Management System, including hazard assessment & management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
• To improve the ability to analyze the internal and external environment of an organization, hazard assessment and audit decision-making in the context of an OHSMS
Day 1: Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) concepts as required by OHSAS 18001
• Normative, regulatory and legal framework related to occupational health and safety
• Fundamental principles of Occupational Health and Safety
• OHSAS 18001 certification process
• Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS)
• Detailed presentation of OHSAS 18001 clause-by-clause
Day 2: Planning and Initiating an OHSAS 18001 audit
• Fundamental audit concepts and principles
• Audit approach based on evidence and on hazard
• Preparation of an OHSAS 18001 certification audit
• OHSMS documentation audit
• Conducting an opening meeting
Day 3: Conducting an OHSAS 18001 audit
• Communication during the audit
• Audit procedures: observation, document review, interview, sampling techniques, technical verification, corroboration and evaluation
• Audit test plans
• Formulation of audit findings
• Documenting of nonconformities
Day 4: Concluding and ensuring the follow-up of an OHSAS 18001 audit
• Audit documentation
• Quality review
• Conducting a closing meeting and conclusion of an OHSAS 18001 audit
• Evaluation of corrective action plans
• OHSAS 18001 Surveillance audit
• OHSAS 18001 internal audit management program
Day 5: Certification Exam
• This training is based on both theory and practice:
• Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
• Practical exercises based on a full case study including role playings and oral presentations
• Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
• Practice test similar to the certification exam
Examination and Certification
• The “Certified OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
• Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of occupational health and safety
• Domain 2: Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS)
• Domain 3: Fundamental Audit Concepts and Principles
• Domain 4: Preparation of an OHSAS 18001 audit
• Domain 5: Conducting an OHSAS 18001 audit
• Domain 6: Closing an OHSAS 18001 audit
• Domain 7: Managing an OHSAS 18001 audit program
• The “PECB Certified OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor” exam is available in English
• Duration: 3 hours
• Registered trainee completing the course and passing the exam, can apply to PECB for certificate of qualification, with evidence of the working and audit experience as specified in the course brochure.
• Register at the website as Student with your official name and email address before purchasing the courses.
• Training materials with copyright will be sent to purchaser normally within 1 to 3 working days after payment.
• For other payment methods, please contact us.
• This course is for self-study by the participants without tutor.
• Exam location: DQS-HK’s Office in Shatin, Hong Kong, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
• Service fee for an exam re-take is HKD 300 within 6 months after initial exam, if required.
• Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB) is a Personnel Certification Body accredited by The International Accreditation Service (IAS) under ISO/IEC 17024 – Requirements for bodies operating certification of persons. Meanwhile, PECB is a full member of International Personnel Certification Association (IPC).
No Reviews found for this course.